10 Best Email Marketing Strategies
Posted by: Marketing Mindz
Email Marketing is the most popular and the strongest online marketing technique. To make this marketing channel more powerful, effective email marketing strategies are required. These strategies help businesses to market and advertise their products and services in an influential manner with best chances of getting profit, sales leads and customer’s trust.
Some of the best email marketing strategies are:
- Design simple and responsive emails: Keep the design of your emails simple while focusing on content and image. Responsiveness is the major factor in this. To attract customers, it is necessary to make your emails mobile-friendly and responsive. With the increased usage of mobile devices, customers prefer to read their emails on mobile devices, so the design and the content of the emails should be simplified accordingly.
- Maintain consistency in emails: Just like any other means of communication, consistency helps in improving the probable results. It is necessary to keep all email communications relevant and targeted, while maintaining the consistency, so that the customers can easily rely on the business.
- Personalize and contextualize emails: Email marketing has undergone some significant changes due to increased number of customers. In addition to customer’s name, it includes tailor-made content, based on demographics, behavior and the purchase history. According to a research, emails that include personalized information produce better results, generating more revenues for business.
- Use of video content: To increase customer relationships and to enhance the response rate, it is necessary for businesses to use videos in emails as a part of their strategy. Using HTML5, a business can easily include videos in the emails.
- Use of predictive analytics: Predictive intelligence use propensity models to find out the combination between the content and the offers that will most likely to create customer’s response. It is highly effective to identify customer’s needs in advance, using internal and external data sources.
- Use of social media: To grow its email list, a business can use different social media platforms. For this, it is necessary for a business to keep its functional areas up-to-date with the promotional guidelines of these social media.
- Real-time email marketing: Real-time marketing involves meeting the needs of the customers with the right message at the right time and at the right place. So, a business needs to fulfill the customer’s demand, while successfully dealing with various challenges that involve leveraging of the available data, personalization of the message, coordination in communications, etc.
- Location-specific marketing: Location-specific strategy helps businesses to refer to the events, stores or the landmarks that are most likely related to the specific segment of the customers.
- Automation and integration of emails: Practically, emails consume a lot of time and effort. So, to reduce it, automation and integration of email data is necessary. Automation of certain email processes like list feeds and updates, reporting, list hygiene, sales alerts, etc., will help businesses to take out ample time in developing effective strategies, understanding the ROI of emails, and in finding out new opportunities. By integrating certain email processes, a business can make its entire marketing plan swift and responsive.
- Double opt-in: The opt-in email marketing strategy allows a recipient to opt an email program of any brand, simply by sending a blank email to a specific email address. By doing this, an opt-in confirmation request email is generated, asking the person to activate their subscription by clicking on the provided link.